(18) T. Uekert, M. F. Kuehnel,* D. W. Wakerley and E. Reisner,* “Plastic waste as a feedstock for solar-driven H2 generation”, Energy Environ. Sci., 2018, 11, 2853–2857 (link).
(17) A. L. Raza, M. F. Kuehnel, M. Talavera, M. Teltewskoi, M. Ahrens, P. Kläring, T. Braun, D. Lentz, “Reactivity of Rhodium Hydrido and Silyl Complexes towards 1,1-Difluoroallene”, J. Fluorine Chem., 2018, DOI: 10.1016/j.jfluchem.2018.08.002 (link).
(16) D. W. Wakerley, K. H. Ly, N. Kornienko, K. L. Orchard, M. F. Kuehnel and E. Reisner, “Aerobic conditions enhance the photocatalytic activity of CdS/CdOx quantum dots”, Chem. Eur. J., 2018, DOI: 10.1002/chem.201802353 (link). Featured on ChemistryViews.
(15) M. F. Kuehnel,† C. D. Sahm,† G. Neri, J. R. Lee, K. L. Orchard, A. J. Cowan and E. Reisner, “ZnSe quantum dots modified with a Ni(cyclam) catalyst for efficient visible-light driven CO2 reduction in water”, Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 2501–2509 (link, † shared first authorship).
(13) B. Reuillard, K. H. Ly, T. E. Rosser, M. F. Kuehnel, I. Zebger and E. Reisner, “Tuning Product Selectivity for Aqueous CO2 Reduction with a Mn(bipyridine)-pyrene Catalyst Immobilized on a Carbon Nanotube Electrode”, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 2017, 139, 14425–14435 (link)
(12) M. F. Kuehnel,† K. L. Orchard,† K. E. Dalle and E. Reisner, “Selective photocatalytic CO2 reduction in water through anchoring of a molecular Ni catalyst on CdS nanocrystals”, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 2017, 139, 7217–7223 (link, † shared first authorship)
(11) D. W. Wakerley,† M. F. Kuehnel,† K. L. Orchard, K. H. Ly, T. E. Rosser and E. Reisner, “Solar-driven reforming of lignocellulose to H2 with a CdS/CdOx photocatalyst”, Nat. Energy, 2017, 2, 17021 (link, † shared first authorship). Highlighted in the press (Reuters TV, Business Weekly, Natural Gas Daily, The Engineer and others)
(10) M. Crespo-Quesada, L. M. Pazos-Outón, J. Warnan, M. F. Kuehnel, R. H. Friend and E. Reisner, “Metal-encapsulated organolead halide perovskite photocathode for solar-driven hydrogen evolution in water”, Nat. Commun. 2016, 7, 12555 (link).
(9) M. F. Kuehnel,† D. W. Wakerley,† K. E. Dalle, K. L. Orchard and E. Reisner, “Photocatalytic Formic Acid Conversion on CdS Nanocrystals with Controllable Selectivity for H2 or CO”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015, 54, 9627–9631. Featured on the inside cover (link, † shared first authorship).
(8) M. F. Kuehnel, D. Lentz and T. Braun, “Synthesis of fluorinated building blocks by transition metal-mediated hydrodefluorination reactions”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 3328–3348 (link, German version).
(7) M. F. Kuehnel and D. Lentz, “Preparation of Fluoroolefins”, in Efficient Preparation of Fluorine Compounds, ed. H. W. Roesky, Wiley, pp. 315–333, 2013 (link).
(6) M. F. Kuehnel, P. Holstein, M. Kliche, J. Krüger, S. Matthies, D. Nitsch, J. Schutt, M. Sparenberg and D. Lentz, “Titanium-Catalyzed Vinylic and Allylic C-F Bond Activation – Scope, Limitations and Mechanistic Insight”, Chem. – Eur. J. 2012, 18, 10701–10714 (link).
(5) M. F. Kuehnel, T. Schlöder, S. Riedel, B. Nieto-Ortega, F. J. Ramírez, J. T. López Navarrete, J. Casado and D. Lentz, “Synthesis of the Smallest Axially Chiral Molecule via Asymmetric Carbon-Fluorine Bond Activation”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 2218–2220 (link, German version). Highlighted in Nachrichten aus der Chemie 2012, 60, 6.
(4) M. F. Kühnel and D. Lentz, “Fluorinated dienes in transition-metal chemistry – the rich chemistry of electron-poor ligands”, Dalton Trans. 2010, 39, 9745–9759 (link). Featured on the front cover.
(3) M. F. Kühnel and D. Lentz, “Titanium-Catalyzed C-F Activation of Fluoroalkenes”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 2933–2936 (link, German version). Classified as ‘Hot Paper’ and honoured with the AG Fluorchemie Publication Prize 2010/2011 for Dieter Lentz.
(2) M. F. Kühnel and D. Lentz, “Hydrometalation of Fluoroallenes”, Dalton Trans. 2009, 4747–4755 (link). Classified as ‘Hot Article’.
(1) T. Hügle, M. F. Kühnel and D. Lentz, “Hydrazine Borane – A Promising Hydrogen Storage Material”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 7444–7446 (link).